This past week our laying hens arrived and my housemates parents helped us finish up the chicken pen with nesting box, wire over the top so they do not fly out and some feeding boxes. They did other odds and ends around the house as well! Thanks heaps to them for coming and helping us out with things around the house!
Saturday was an awesome rainy day - Tropical Storm Hanna came through our area and I sure enjoyed the day. Cleaned very slowly, cooked lasagna, made baked oatmeal and tended to the chickens, dug a trench so the rain would not go in chicken pen, gathered eggs, ran in and out to check on chickens and about noon the wind really picked up so I decided to make them go in there small pen and I would close the door. Just picture the rain, wind and I am chasing chickens around in the pen to get them in there house. One lone crazy chicken would not let me catch her - to no avail I went in the house. Little while later I came out again and she still would get away from me and the third round I said out loud to the chicken I tell you what I am not falling out here in this rain and breaking my leg, neither and I falling in this mud hole I have decided to let you out here and if you get cold, wet and die it is not my problem. At the end of the storm around 5 I went out to let them out of the pen and the lone chicken was in her glory and all is fine! We also had a large branch came down across the driveway and the neighbors took care of cleaning that up so we could at least get in and out of the driveway. Changed out bulletin board with pictures and went on a lovely walk when the storm got out of the area. Enjoyed watching the hummingbirds at the new feeder on our front porch last evening! Went with friends to there church camp for the day - that was relaxing and it was an awesome day weather wise!
No comments:
Post a Comment